Pages

DOTA addiction. Stupidity at its best.

Okay, firstly, if you are a DOTA fan, PLEASE don't bother reading. You might not like what I am about to blog.

I bear a strong grudge towards dota. I'll never understand why guys are so addicted to it. After being exposed by this widely popular online game by some of my friends, I somehow got the grasp on why it's so freakin' popular.

Guys spend HOURS on one game, or so called 'round'. I've seen some people playing this game and there's alot of players hurling bad comments or words at each other. From what I've heard, players often get scolded "noob(clueless player)" countless of time by the so-called sensational/strong players who keep pawning/owning (killing players) you. Now tell me, how many times that you, dota players, feel like taking your keyboard and just start to whack that so called sensational player? Not long, they will start to tell you "eh, go home and play with dolls la. U think Dota for noobs like you meh? ", "Noob la U chi bai", "Wei, bro so noob la U".(I saw these comments when a friend of mine was playing.) Noob this, noob that. Hey, speak human language. That's one of the words that I hate hearing people use. "NOOB!".

From my experience, a couple of my friends left their BF's who were addicted to Dota. Which brings me to another reason why guys shouldn't be addicted to Dota. You develop an odd love-bond and you will lose your girlfriend. Okay, here's a scene i would like to 'act' out in an exaggerated way:

You start having a weird ritual to perform before you start playing a game of Dota. It's said to help you to dominate the game. Some people might start kissing their mouse or keyboard few times or telling the mouse and keyboard
"Daddy gonna play Dota now, you guys be good little boys and girls and make daddy happy okay? "Another display of psychotic symptom. You start to neglect your family and studies. The reasons? You need to spend more time nurturing the new found LOVE-BONDS with the computer/game.

Back to reality. From what I've seen, Dota really kills a relationship. Due to the neglection and so forth. Okay, so some of you lover boys out there might say "Eh, i didn't neglect lo. I still got find baa..Slow reply oni ma..I told her already i play dota..". Okay, true that, but abandoning your partner over a stupid game? Those who says no are in a state of DENIAL!

I have nothing against online games, but a person must have self control. It's just a game! It's sad that i'd see girls in internet cafes wandering around mindlessly while their boyfriends are into the computers more. It's pathetic seeing that kinda attitude from guys these days. Not only in cafe's, some guys would play at the comfort of their own room, and wouldn't answer their gf's call. Reason? "Sorry late reply. Dota oh..". Or they will say "One last game, one last game then i call you". And their so called 'last game' would last for hours.

How would they feel if their gf starts to play and online game 24 hours and not answering your calls? Lol..

Anyway, i guess i should stop. I can go on but lazy la. Don't even know what I'm blogging. Haha. Don't get offended, to any DOTA players reading this. I clearly stated at the first sentence for you NOT to read it. Peace!!

**Joanna**

3 comments:

:: Val :: said...

Amen! :D

Yadayada said...

dota rocks!!!
XD
but i still have my self-control though...

Joanna said...

val: amen! :D
yada: if u have self-control, that's acceptable..some ppl just don't have that :\ so ya, they r zombies..haha