Pages

Adele: Rise of the mummy review


So here's my take on this movie. As fierce as the title may sound, the movie is sort of the opposite of what you may have expected.


The title of the movie was suppose to be "The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec". I don't know why they would want to change it to Adele: Rise Of the Mummy. You might enter the movie hall expecting a Mummy series; which is of course not. This movie is based on a French comic book by French writer Jacques Tardi. The movie was dubbed into English, of course.


There was no pace if you ask me, and the plot was kinda weird. I think the original title suits the movie better as it was not all about mummies. It was Adele's journey, adventures and encounterments.
It's more of a comedic movie. For starters, mummies are from egypt, they should be speaking their egyptian language.Instead, they spoke british english; pretty formal british/posh english. Lol?
Anyway, I would rate it a 3/5. I can't even remember some parts of the movie. The ending was kinda sucky too.

0 comments: