Pages

The New Zodiac Sign Change



There’s quite the fuss about whether or not the new zodiac signs that were released today means your astrological sign changed. People are having an identity crisis. Am I a Gemini or a Taurus? Am I a Virgo or a Leo? What does it all mean?

Well, in an interview with Professor Parke Kunkle of the Minnesota Planetarium Society opened his mouth and said the Zodiac had a problem with the dates and said that we’ve been leaving the constellation Ophiuchus (The Snake Annoyer) out of the equation. So, smart ol' Kunkle added them back in, told the world about it, and the brains of those who believe in astrology all exploded as we tried to figure out.


What does it all mean? Well, if you’re suffering from an identity crisis, breathe. It may not have changed. CNN claims it hasn’t changed because the axis is irrelevant for the tropical zodiac that Western astrology is read from. Can one man unilaterally change the zodiac? Just because Mr. Kunkle thinks that I am an Ophiuchus and not a Sagittarius, should I just throw away my quivers and stomp my hooves in astrological outrage?

Astrologers who use the dates and positions dictated by Near Eastern astronomers hundreds of years before the Christian Era are well aware of it, and they don’t care. They’re not going to change the dates they use, and they’re not going to add a “13th sign” – Ophiuchus (November 29 to December 17) – to the Zodiac. I'm a Sagittarius and I am still one! So, stop fussing and run around in panic and changing your zodiac signs!
**Joanna**

0 comments: