Pages

What are your new year's resolution? How to make a new year's resolution that you will keep(Or at least try to)

It's 2011 and that means a whole slew of New Years resolution are ready to be made and broken. It's the same old thing, every year. People say that they are going to quit smoking, lose weight, get a new car, make more money, turn their life around or even change their lives in most ways that most of use can't even imagine. The way to keep a New Years Resolution is to pick a good goal and then overhaul your life in order to meet those goals. Duh? However, it's easier said then done.

Some of you might say, "Hold it. My goal isn't big enough to require and overhaul of my life". Maybe your goal is, let's say, clean out your shoe closet. But, this is not material for a New Years Resolution. This requires only a day to get it done. New Years Resolution requires daily work to accomplish and reach your goals. So here are a couple of ideas on how to meet your goals.


  1. Pick only one: We can each meet at least one or two resolutions in a year. We can't change a lot of bad behavior. The more resolutions we make, the less likely we are going to keep em'. Pick the one that means most to you. You might be pleasantly surprised that to find that changing one habit actually requires so many small changes in your life. You might also end up being able to change your habits because the patterns of your habits changes along the way.
  2. If you can't meet the goal, consider that it's not you, it's the goal: I spend a whole lot of times trying things out to help me find my main goals. I do this by jotting down things to understand oneself. Sometimes I write things down that annoys me and affects me. I try to learn from that but, merh, I repeat the mistakes overtime. Hahaha. However, writing things down helped me.

Anyway, one must think hard and clear before making a New Years Resolution. Setting a goal is much easier than keeping one.

**Joanna**

0 comments: