Pages

My road trip to Sandakan

Lol, it's actually my second road trip. My first was when I was around 3? Heck, how would I remember how it went. So, this is my official 1st time road trip to Sandakan. Hahaha. Anyway, the purpose of the trip was to visit Jack's gramma. Only Jack and myself went to Sandakan by car. He drove the Hilux. From KK to Sandakan, the trip took about 6 and a half hours. It was bumpy as hell. I could literally feel my brain hitting against the wall of my skull. I wouldn't say it wasn't a fun trip. It was actually not that bad, aside the bumpy road and my bladder almost bursting into pieces. After passing Ranau, we missed a junction and went the wrong way! Hahaha~ After making calls, we were back on track. I was so bored in the car, I stared at all the trees surrounding the area and look at possible forms/shapes they look like. Lawl~ Upon arriving Sandakan, we had another problem - the location of the hotel! We booked a room at Tyng Garden. Took us around 45 minutes to find that place. Jack's mum gave a different direction, and my mum gave a different direction. After circling the area for too many times, Jack decided to call his aunt in Sandakan. She led us to the hotel. Thank God she lived nearby. After checking in and got all cleaned up, Jack's cousin called and asked us out for a drink. Meh, we were too tired to go out so we rejected. We visited his gramma the next day. I feel a whole lot of emotions when I saw her. Sigh~ Reminds me of my great-gramma. After visiting his gramma, we head out hunting for brekkie and also this shop called '7 Heaven'. It's an ice-cream parlor in Sandakan. We had no friggin' idea where that place is, so we used google map to lead us there. Hahaha~~ If you're an ice-cream lover, then you'll love this place. The price is reasonable and they also have other sweets like frozen yogurt and cakes. They also serve lunch and dinner. Operating hours are from 12pm-6pm and 6pm-12am. After nomming down our ice-cream, we started our ride back to KK. Started at 1.30pm and reached home at 8pm... Here are some pictures.
The thick fog.

Could hardly see a thing.


The crocodile that greeted us. I get the giggles everytime Jack passed by this statue.


Having my dinner while going online.


7 heaven.



The interior.


Green tea+Double Chocolate Rm6



Me with my frozen yogurt.


**Joanna**

3 comments:

kumfye said...

nice road trip...i enjoy a lot while having road trip...

thefye.com

Joanna said...

yea :) road trips are fun when you have good company...

Nava K said...

quite a nice and peaceful place to visit, here before.